09 May 2008

Wait, what? Computer news?! In MY roadblog?

Release Candidate for Wine 1.0 Announced (thanks to Amber for bringing me this info)

Whatever happened to the "We'll only release Wine 1.0 when everything works perfectly" philosophy? Among many notable programs that still don't work, I can count Photoshop CS3 (and almost any other Adobe product), SAM (a Shoutcast/Icecast source) and other notable programs that could finally cause me to stop having at least one machine have a working Windows partition.

Or, even better... those companies could start releasing ports of their software to non-Windows/Mac platforms... oh, right... nobody uses Linux (from their perspective.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, well, that's how it goes, don't it? I've just learnt to live without stuff. I couldn't afford most Adobe programmes,anywho. Not unless me and the cats didn't eat for like 3 months or so. In that case, I wouldn't need any programmes, cos the cats would likely eat me after a coupla weeks.

Taralyn said...

Sadly, in my case, that's keeping me barely clinging to Windows. I sometimes run a Shoutcast stream, so I need to be able to run SAM. Since Wine won't run it, yay for being stuck.